In the wake of Corona Virus being declared as “Pandemic” by World Health Organization and multiple incidents in the city, all Officers & Officials irrespective of their designations are hereby directed to Strictly Observe the following preparedness, readiness and response actions and ensure that officials under their respective offices also comply the same.
PSM halted all transport buses Operations from 19-3-2020 till 5 April 2020, only HoDs and Skeleton staff may be called for duty.
In written detailed advice is issued for all employees and Steel town residents.
- No handshake.
- Frequent washing of hands with soap.
- Use hand sanitizer frequently.
- Avoid close contact.
- Avoid getting together.
- Minimum of 1 to 2 meters of safe space/distance to be maintained between two individuals.
- No public gatherings.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Avoid touching face, eyes, mouth and nose.
- While sneezing/coughing cover your mouth with your elbow.
- In case of cough, breathing difficulty, fever or flu avoid attending offices and consult your doctor immediately.
- Observe the same precautions in office, transport and at your home.
- Guide your family members as well to observe similar precautions.
- Not everyone needs to have Corona virus tests.
- Not everyone needs to wear a facemask.
Health Department of Government of Sindh and Office of Commissioner Karachi Division has recommended/passed the administrative order for strict compliance of the following precautionary measures for crowded places like shopping malls, cinemas, theatres, auditorium, processions, Ijtma, Rallies, strikes and wedding ceremonies:-
- All meetings /gatherings/functions/events in Marriage Halls / Lawns, Cinema Halls, Marquees, picnic spots, water parks, public parks, sea sides, play-lands, Gyms, social clubs, etc, are hereby prohibited/ banned till 5th April 2020.
- All persons are being advised to remain at their homes or offices rather than going into the crowded places.
- Above 40 years age or immune-compromised people are more susceptible to COVID-19. Hence they are strictly directed to avoid any kind of crowded place to attend.
- All the persons who have arrived in Pakistan within last fifteen days must be quarantined at home for 14 days.
- Any person having cough or body ache or fever or shortness of breath shall not be allowed to enter into any crowded place like shopping malls, cinemas, theatres and wedding ceremonies. Moreover any person having Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease or Asthma must avoid to attend crowded places.
- There should be minimum space of 1 meter (about 3 feet) between adjacent seating, que standing and talking to anybody.
- All people must limit their movement outside home.
- All must perform hand hygiene frequently with soap and water or a hand sanitizer.
- Cover your nose and mouth while sneezing or coughing with your fixed elbow or use a tissue. Dispose the tissue immediately after use. Please avoid spitting and avoid touching your face.
- Do not smoke.
- All law enforcing agencies and security personals at shopping malls, cinemas, airport, theatres, who are involved in human touch / searching / human interaction must have complete Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). The standard method of putting on and taking of PPE must be followed by law enforcing agencies and security personals. There should be orientation session by concerned authorities to all law enforcing agencies personals in this regard.
- There should be sufficient number of health desks for health education, screening and awareness regarding COVID-19 at all crowded places like shopping malls, cinemas, theatre, street walk and all wedding halls.
- In case of any query, please contact the COVID Control Room at the Commissioner Office Karachi. This is operational 24/7 for your facilitation and guidance.
COVID Control Room Contact No:
Residents of Gulshane-e-Hadeed and Steel Mill Area for guidance of any query please contract to Dr. Ayaz Hussain Soomro – 0336-2715923. All Heads of Departments / Complexes / Units are requested to bring the above instructions into the notice of employees working under their command and direct them to adhere to the same for better health and safety from COVID-19 (CORONA VIRUS).