Karachi, June 30, 2022: The government of Sindh has enhanced the total allocation for Home Department (including Sindh Police and Jails) to Rs. 124.873 billion (from Rs. 119.98 billion) for the financial year 2022-23.
According to the official record, the provincial government has achieved several milestones in the financial year 2021-22. These include:
- Rs. 500 million have been disbursed as compensation among families of shuhada and injured personnel of security forces.
- Approximately Rs.1 billion have been distributed among Police personnel and their families as financial assistance.
- During the last three financial years, modern weaponry worth Rs. 2.274 billion has been procured for the police department.
- 13 Crime Scene Units in the investigation wing of Karachi Police have been established and 23 more are being established in other districts of Sindh.
- Engraving machines have been purchased for the forensic department for Rs. 25 million.
- An online complaint redressal mechanism has been established in all districts of Sindh with centralized complaint lodging and follow-up mechanism.
- 10 Special Investigation Complexes have been established.
- 07 One Stop Women & Child Protection Centers have been established and a proposal for 24 new ones is with the Home Department for final approval.
- 24 ADP schemes are at the stage of completion including 15 new police station buildings.
- Construction of “Sindh forensic science laboratory” has been started in the current financial year.
- 259 reporting rooms are being established at police station level. Witness Identification Centre is being established in Karachi.