Karachi, June 28, 2022: The National Vocational & Technical Training Commission (NAVTTC) has made a major contribution to national human resource development.
According to Pakistan Economic Survey 2021-22, the commission has generated a large number of employments for the skilled youth, overseas and nationally, benefitting the individuals as well as the national economy.
Some key achievements of NAVTTC are:
- 379,350 youth trained as certified skilled professionals
- 170,000 trained in the year 2021, in 720 institutes, with 71 percent employed
- 40,361 trained in High-Tech skills including Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, Cyber Security & IT, and other 104 trades
- Developed National Skills Information System (NSIS) and established NEXT Skilled Youth & Job Portal with Databank of 311,734 certified skilled youth available in real-time;
- 18,627 personnel certified and mainstreamed through RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning)
- Developed National Vocational Qualifications Framework (NVQF)
- Competency-Based Training & Assessment (CBT&A)/outcome-based Curriculum has been developed in 102 demand-driven trades in accordance with the international and national job markets. Designing of TVET Curriculum to Cater Attitude and Personality Grooming of Skilled Work Force to cater technical skills, professional/work ethics, confidence building, practical tasking, Introduction of CBT&A in TVET sector, i.e. (80 percent practical and 20 percent theory) in all TVET institutes
- Matric-Tech Programme has been launched in 15 schools of ICT, GB & AJK in 08 discipline to mainstream TVET in formal education
- 50 Smart Labs and 500 Class Rooms set up with the Chinese CPEC support;
- 577 national institutes accredited; International Accreditation, etc
- 10 TVET institute Internationally Accredited by International accreditation agencies