- OCI Dedicated Regions bring the full public cloud to more customers and more customer data centers with a new, smaller infrastructure footprint and lower price
- Compute [email protected] brings rack-scale OCI compute and storage services to customer sites
Karachi, July 26, 2022: Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) is meeting customers where they are with the introduction today of a lower entry point for OCI Dedicated Regions and a preview of Compute [email protected] services, bringing more than 100 OCI public cloud services into customers’ data centers. These new services will help customers meet strict latency, data residency, and data sovereignty requirements that are key to many IT modernization efforts. Customers including Nomura Research Institute (NRI), Siam Commercial Bank and Bangladesh Data Center Company Limited (BDCCL) have chosen OCI Dedicated Region to gain the full functionality of the public OCI cloud in the locations of their choice.
“Distributed cloud is the next evolution of cloud computing, and it provides customers with much more flexibility and control in how they deploy cloud resources,” said Dave McCarthy, research vice president, Cloud and Edge Infrastructure Services, IDC. “Customers are no longer restricted by location choices, data sovereignty, data residency, or latency. OCI’s distributed cloud services offer more capabilities than anyone else in the industry and place all the benefits of the public cloud directly inside a customer’s data center while still being managed remotely by OCI.”
New OCI Services Delivering More Flexibility and Control for Organizations
Customers across the region and across industries, including financial services, public sector, healthcare, and logistics, have adopted OCI to support their cloud transformations without the trade-offs in scale, data sovereignty, security, and control that they have had to make in the past. The new services include:
- OCI Dedicated Region at a lower entry point: The new OCI Dedicated Region requires 60-75% less data center space and power on average, with a significantly lower entry price. A wider range of customers can now gain the agility, economics, and scale of the public cloud in their own data centers. OCI Dedicated Region gives customers a complete cloud region in their data center with all the benefits of OCI’s public cloud. Commercial and public sector customers are deploying OCI Dedicated Region to host applications and data that require strict data residency, control, and security; or to remain in specific locations for low-latency connectivity and data-intensive processing. Dedicated Regions can also be extended (like Oracle’s public cloud regions) in hybrid architectures using Roving Edge Infrastructure.
- OCI Compute [email protected] preview: OCI Compute [email protected] is a rack-scale solution meant for smaller environments than OCI Dedicated Region. Compute [email protected] will enable organizations to run applications on OCI-compatible compute, storage, and networking in their data centers, fully managed as a service from an OCI Region and using OCI’s cost-effective consumption model to streamline operations and reduce costs. With OCI Dedicated Region, Exadata [email protected], and Compute [email protected], organizations use the same OCI managed hardware and software in their data centers and OCI Regions. Developers and IT managers will utilize the same APIs and management tools to create a consistent user experience, irrespective of where services are running. Organizations can more easily develop, deploy, secure, and manage a single set of software across a wide range of distributed cloud environments.
“Pakistani customers are requesting comprehensive cloud solutions to support their digital transformation journey while meeting the local data security, regulatory, and data residency mandates,” Amer Khan, Senior Director, Cloud Platform Group, Oracle Pakistan. “Delivering on our commitment to meeting customers where they are, our distributed cloud services provide customers the choice to have full-featured cloud services delivered seamlessly on-premises, on the public cloud, or a combination of both, with the same experience across all options.”
OCI’s Distributed Cloud Strategy Brings Services Where Customers Need Them
The OCI Region is operated as a commercial and government public cloud in 38 regions, which can be interconnected with other clouds for multicloud architectures, or act as the control plane for hybrid cloud offerings. The OCI Region can also be deployed in the customer data center as a dedicated, single tenant cloud in a repeatable way. OCI’s deployment options can include the functionality of all 100+ OCI services, or just a subset, with the required location choice, performance, security, compliance, and operational models. Together these deployment options comprise OCI’s distributed cloud.
Oracle offers integrated suites of applications plus secure, autonomous infrastructure in the Oracle Cloud. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), please visit us at oracle.com.
- Watch the Oracle Live
- Read the blog post about Oracle customers using OCI Dedicated Region
- Learn more about Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
Oracle, Java, and MySQL are registered trademarks of Oracle Corporation.