Karachi, July 30, 2022: The government of Sindh has created a new administrative department with the name of “Social Protection Department” to focus on highly marginalized and vulnerable segments of the society and furnish enabling environment and tangible opportunities for their socio-economic uplift through specifically designed programs and projects.
In this regard, the government has earmarked Rs.15.435 billion for this newly formed department in the Financial Year 2022-23 in order to improve the wellbeing and welfare of senior citizens, orphans, and the poor.
Hence, several social programs are being initiated and financed in the FY 2022-23. Some of the highlights are:
- Grant of Rs.15 billion for Sindh Peoples Support Program
- Grant of Rs. 2 billion for Poverty Alleviation Program for Small Businesses
- Grant of Rs. 3 billion for Poverty Alleviation Program for Small Farmers
- Grant of Rs. 500 million for Revamping Old Age Home at District Level in Sindh
- Grant of Rs. 500 million for Revamping / Establishment of Orphanages