Minor dies after mother put her in oven instead of crib

Minor dies

In a shocking and tragic incident that garnered widespread attention on the internet, a one-month-old baby tragically passed away after her mother mistakenly placed her in an oven instead of her crib.

The heartbreaking incident took place in Missouri, United States, where the infant girl, barely a month old, lost her life reportedly due to her mother’s inadvertent action of placing her in the oven instead of her crib.

According to statements from the City Police, Mariah Thomas, the mother of the infant, was attempting to put her daughter to sleep when she accidentally placed her in an oven instead of her crib. Tragically, the baby’s clothes were charred, and her diaper had burnt due to the heat. Smoke odor permeated the house. The police confirmed that the baby was found unresponsive and was pronounced dead.

Court records indicate that the baby’s grandfather received a call from Mariah Thomas around 1:00 PM on Friday, expressing concern about the baby. Upon arriving at the house, the grandfather noticed the smell of smoke and discovered the baby in the crib. Mariah Thomas informed him that she had mistakenly placed the child in the oven instead of the crib while putting her down for a nap.

Despite choosing to exercise her Fifth Amendment Rights and remain silent, Mariah Thomas has been charged with endangering the life of a child, which carries a prison sentence ranging from 10 to 30 years. According to media reports, this devastating accident occurred last week, leading to the unfortunate demise of the infant. The mother has since been charged with endangering the welfare of the child.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *